The purpose of a First Pres Deacon is to minister to those who are in need, the sick, the friendless and to any who may be in distress.
The Deacons' Fund
The Deacon's Fund is a great tradition of First Pres, allowing the Deacons to respond to the emergency needs of the congregation, eight Deacon's ministries (including Deacon's Closet, Lamb's Lunch and the Thanksgiving Dinner) as well as to 16 local agencies. The First Pres Deacons rely exclusively on dedicated contributions to raise about $60,000 annually to aid those in need.
Watch the video below to see First Pres Deacons in action as they support those in the Boulder County Community.
Click on the donate button below to make a one-time-gift to the Deacons via Paypal (or contact Dal DeVries at 720.335.8298.)
The Deacons serve the Church community and the Boulder County community in the following ways:
- Deacons' Closet
- Food Collection for EFAA and St. Thomas Aquinas Food Banks
- Transportation Coordination with Special Transit for Sunday Mornings
- Fifth Sunday luncheons and Thanksgiving Dinner
- Lamb's Lunch (November through March)
- Visitation of Shut-Ins, Cards to Congregation Members for Life Events, Chancel Flowers and Baby Rosebuds
- Financial Allocations to Agencies and Individuals
- Preparation of the Lord's Supper
Current First Pres Deacons
Moderator, Lynne Harlow
Class of 2018
Class of 2019
Class of 2020