Fishy News Jan 31, 2017
Wanted to let you know that we had an amazing time with our S&S retreat this weekend. Kids were able to have some remarkable time hearing from guest speakers and diving deep into small groups as well as carrying those conversations to the ski hill the following day. It was so fun to be up there hearing all the stories from the night before. We loved being on the ski hill as a family and the weekend truly was one to remember for the kids. Hope they have shared their stories with you and continue to share them for days, weeks and even years to come.
Focusing back to this week, here are a few things I thought you might want to know about:
1. Fishy is this Wednesday February 1st. Yes we will still be having Fishy even though we just got done with this retreat. Looking forward to seeing everyone Wednesday. We will be starting things off at 7:15 down in the fallout this evening and going till 8:45pm. We look forward to having your kids join us as we talk about the gospel, dive into worship together, and play some pretty silly games. This night is sure to be a highlight of their week. Please let us know if you need anymore information about this.
2. Axis is this Sunday Feb. 5th. We will be down in the Fallout of the church from 9:15-10:15am. We look forward to this being a time for kids to dive deeper into the talks from Wednesday nights at Fishy and to look at these talks from a new perspective from one of our other team members on staff with us in the middle school department. These mornings are usually a little less crazy and a little less packed than Wednesday nights typically. So if your kid is one who might get overwhelmed or overstimulated on a Wednesday night, maybe try sending them to Axis on a Sunday morning and see how they like it.
3. We provide meals for our volunteer leaders every other week and look to you as parents for help with this. If you wouldn't mind looking ahead to see which meal you can sign up for it would be greatly appreciated. The only way we are able to provide them with a warm cooked meal is by the help of you and it is a great way to say thank you to them for all the work hours they put into our program and the time they enjoy hanging out with your kids. Please sign up here: Leader Meal SignUp
4. Now's a good time to check out or start back up with Salt & Light Choir and go on Tour to the Grand Canyon and Disneyland over Spring Break Mar 25-Apr 2! Rehearsals are Sundays 11:45am-1:45pm and lunch is provided. Contact Jim Keller or Robin Dean for more information at or call 303-402-6408.
5. New at First Pres, every 3rd Wednesday of the month, join the Prayer Ministry for a Healing service at 7pm in the Chapel. Come hear a devotion and some testimonies with lots of time in worship led from the beautiful piano by Marliez Schaffer. Prayer teams will be available for those who want prayer. If you have never been to one of these I would highly recommend checking it out after you drop your kids off at Fishy. I have attended many of these services and it truly is refreshing and just a nice way to slow down and spend some great time with the Lord in the midst of your busy week.
Our online Google Calendar can be linked by clicking Here.
Our new Fishy Spring Calendar 2017 can be downloaded Here.