We value parents as the primary spiritual nurturers of their children. We strive to support parents in this role by encouraging and equipping them to spiritually lead their families. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) In light of this, we came up with some simple goals and resources to help you on your journey.
- READ the Bible with your child everyday.
- PRAY with and for your child everyday.
- TALK with your child about God throughout the day (Deuteronomy 6).
- Be INVOLVED with your child at church, instead of just dropping them off.
- Make every effort to attend the same service each Sunday.
- Know what they are learning in Sunday school.
- Review the Sunday school lesson the week after using the weekly handout.
- Know who their leaders are.
- Volunteer in your child’s class.
- Connect with other families from your child’s class.
- Participate in the monthly Family Time station activity in the hallway.
If you are interested in baptism for your infant/child, please contact Janet Schultz for more information.
Show and Shares
These weekly handouts are designed to help families dive deeper into the Sunday school lesson each week. Our hope is that these resources would cause these lessons and scripture passages to linger throughout the whole week. Parents can pick up one at the end of each Sunday School class.
This magazine type tool, provides families with materials to help them connect as a family and grow together spiritually. HomeFront provides opportunities for families to come together and experience storytelling, God’s Word, new family traditions, fun games, recipes, family blessings, prayer, and more. This is available as a hard copy from KidTrek or on the free app Tru HomeFront.
Family Time Stations
These stations are in the Kidtrek Wing hallways. Any time during the week, families can “practice” doing a family activity that reinforces a monthly theme.
Stepping Stone Sundays
Once a year, parents are invited to attend Sunday School with their child to learn an age appropriate faith skill to bring home. This is one way we hope to inspire, equip and support parents to more confidently lead their family spiritually. The topics for these Sundays are:
- 2-year-olds: Family Blessings
- 3-year-olds: Family Devotions
- 4/5-year-olds: My Church
- Kindergarten: Family Prayer
- 1st Grade: Family service projects
- 2nd Grade: Family Worship
- 3rd Grade: My Bible
- 4th Grade: Money and Me
- 5th Grade: Screens and Me
At the KidTrek kiosk you often will find tools to purchase, in hopes to inspire parents and grandparents. You will find books, Family Time Packs, HomeFront Monthly magazine, Welcome bags and more.
Family Small Groups
One of the best ways to find community, and grow in your faith is to join a Family Small Group. Most groups meet twice a month…and there is free childcare. Contact for more information.