What is a Core Group?
A Core Group is a small group of six to nine college-aged students led by a congregation member or two. The group meets weekly for approximately two hours (usually on Thursday nights). The time is divided up between an hour of Bible Study and an hour of check in/prayer time.
Why do we do Core Groups?
- To model what Christian community looks like.
- To connect younger believers with men & women of faith.
- To connect our students to an adult that can bridge the gap between college ministry and church life.
Concerns you may have…
- You don’t have enough time.
- You aren’t biblically literate enough.
- You’re not young enough or can’t relate.
What would I be expected to do?
- Open your home up for a weekly Core Group meeting.
- Prepare for the Bible study portion with the resources provided.
- Check in with your students on a regular basis (email, texts, coffee dates, etc.)
- Attend the Annex (Tuesday nights at 7pm) twice a semester.
- Advocate for student involvement in opportunities for spiritual growth (the Annex, mission trips, Messenger, church life, etc.).
- Share your life, struggles, joys, and insights.